Tuesday 9 July 2013

Missed Call

This ones miserable I'm afraid and personal. At the moment my summer job means that getting to talk is really hard and we are barely speaking once a week :( a mixture of army hours and EF hours have also meant we cannot see each other as we had hoped. So this poem is written when I am sort of cross but also trying to get past the fact that it's not all his fault. Enjoy. 

Hearing your machine I clench my teeth
Draw in a breath and try to stay sweet
'Hi baby just calling to see how you are,
I know its not long but Friday seems far'

'Its been a few days since we last spoke,
Maybe your laptop or phone is broke.'
I know its not true and I don't want to care
But it really is hard not having you there. 

Distance is meant to make hearts grow fonder
But yours drifts off and goes for a wander. 
Two more calls, I promise myself 
Then I will put the phone on the shelf. 

Again no answer, I make excuses
In two minds I battle, one always loses
Roll on my side and hug my pillow
I let myself droop like and old weeping willow

You will see your phone, and know I tried
Listen to my message, and know I lied
Apologies come at morning light
But they cannot take back the lonely night.


Here is also my first picture post of me and Luke. This was at his pass out parade.  




No comments:

Post a Comment