Friday 21 February 2014

Pretending

Been doing well, actually, for the past week or so. I have decided that posting the poems I write when I am feeling lonely or down is not a sign of weakness, and its not being need. No. It is just my way of getting through things and sorting out my emotions, so here is a poem I wrote a few weeks ago when I started to "what if" (never a good idea when its time to sleep)...

Pretending

Is it better to pretend
That we never reached an end?
Is it better that i know
You won't come back, you chose to go?
They say time heals every wound
Why choose love to exclude?
At night my dreams break the rule
And you appear in them all.
So how am I supposed to keep
Strong and steady on my feet?
Every morning when it comes to light
that I let you go without a fight.











No comments:

Post a Comment