Saturday 6 May 2017

Twas the Friday before SATs

Twas the Friday before SATs, when all through the school
Not a cheer could be heard, just a muffle from the hall
The pencils were sharpened and laid out with care
In the hope that the cleaners would leave them there

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of test papers danced in their heads
And Sir in his suit n tie and I in my dress
Just settled our brains for hopeful weekend rest

When a few rooms down, there arose a clatter
I sprang from the desk to see what was the matter.
Away to the classroom I flew like a flash,
There was my TA throwing posters in the trash

The words on the wall, written with such care
Gave away too many clues if the children should stare
Now all my walls, bare and white
Were a ghastly reminder, an awful sight

Monday morning bought the S. A. Ts
The children crying with nervous pleas
One standardised test for all to see
Like testing a fish by asking him to climb a tree

But soon it will pass and the fog will lift
And teachers can use their precious gift
Teaching through games and life and fun

So bring it on government tests- we're almost done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment