Thursday 24 October 2013

It's just a Game

Hello, been keeping myself so busy lately I haven't really had time to write, but the last few nights I have not been sleeping well so I thought this might help me tonight, get a few creative words out before bed. This poem does have personal significance to me, it is not one of my best but I hope it's enjoyed.

It's just a Game

Emotions play by their own rules
Controlling me, it feels so cruel
Knowing my personality at length
Using my weaknesses and strengths

Like a puppet I smile and sing
Until they pull upon my string
Then its up to them to choose
Whether I'm happy or have the blues

One day slides into the next
They decide I am feeling stressed
Late at night trying to sleep
Into my dreams, sad thoughts creep

When they allow excitement to appear
Its usually followed by nerves and fear
You know that we are just their fools
When Emotions play by their own rules





No comments:

Post a Comment