Sunday 16 June 2013

The Boy

This has a been a weekend of mixed emotions and I tried to write something new but found it very difficult. I am not seeing Luke for a few weeks and have found it really hard this time to say goodbye, so I thought I would use an old poem for tonight and upload a new one asap. Hope you like it. 
The Boy


One day, on my road, a boy fell down
He gashed his knee on the dirty ground
I helped him up and looked at his face
Which was worried and scared; a complete disgrace
I wandered his eyes; they seemed so cold
They looked unloved and very old
They’d known the horrors that not many could
And lived with them longer than anyone should
I dusted him down and pulled him close
But his faded eyes haunt me like ghosts
I never thanked that little boy who was blind
Because after he went he left something behind
A message to be held in my memory,
That there are some horrors you just can’t see…


No comments:

Post a Comment